Welcome

This is my journey. I want to share this incredible roller coaster ride of hopes, dreams, signs, emotional crashes, and excitement.
this is the space where i work out what is going on in my head. i hope that you can see yourself in my posts and that you will gain something from following my story.

Wednesday 14 May 2014

pressure


“Crying relieves pressure on soul.” 
― Toba Beta


sometimes i feel like the world is crushing me. 


“I don't know where this pressure came from. I can't blame my parents because it has always felt internal. Like any other parent, my mother celebrated the A grades and the less-than-A grades she felt there was no need to tell anybody about. But not acknowledging the effort that ended in a less than perfect result impacted me as a child. If I didn't win, then we wouldn't tell anyone that I had even competed to save us the embarrassment of acknowledging that someone else was better. Keeping the secret made me think that losing was something to be ashamed of, and that unless I was sure I was going to be the champion there was no point in trying. And there was certainly no point to just having fun.” ― Portia de Rossi


sometimes the pressure gets to be too much and i find unhealthy ways to relieve the pressure. 

“Pressure makes diamonds” 

so i am working on a list of healthy ways to relieve the crushing feeling. here is what i have so far:

1. go for a walk
2. play the piano
3. play the guitar
4. listen to music
5. write this blog
6. write a story
7. talk to a friend
8. crochet
9. draw
10. write in my journal
11. make something out of clay
12. do beading
13. make jewelry 
14. find a new recipe and try it out
15. go to a cafe
16. hugging the dog (says captain stressy pants)
17. walking the dog
18. crying
19. read
20. watch a favourite movie


“Relief is a great feeling.
It’s the emotional and physical reward we receive from our bodies upon alleviation of pain, pressure and struggle. A time to bask in the lack of the negative.
And yet, think about it—relief is really the status quo, a negation of the suffering, anothing in itself. It is the way things were before the pressure and struggle began.
So, is it a step back? A regression?
Or is it an opportunity to regroup, start over, and move in a different direction?
Use your moment of relief well.”
― Vera Nazarian


what would you add to the list?

be kind to yourself,

xoxo

...

No comments:

Post a Comment