Welcome

This is my journey. I want to share this incredible roller coaster ride of hopes, dreams, signs, emotional crashes, and excitement.
this is the space where i work out what is going on in my head. i hope that you can see yourself in my posts and that you will gain something from following my story.

Thursday 29 May 2014

realistic idealist


i don't have much to say today ... 






never forget to tell people when they are alive how much they mean to you. because you don't know what will happen in the future. you don't know what will happen this evening. 



i have been thinking a lot this last week about my friend gigi who died when we were 18. as i wrote in my post on the weekend, ( http://aprilgigiangels.blogspot.ca/2014/05/gigi.html )   i received a pile of her letters that i thought i had lost. and these letters have left me a lot to think about. she was an incredible young woman who had a lot to say about the world. 


 "I’m getting an education so I can stop the starving and fighting and crying and dying and rapes and murders and injustices and and and and and but do I really believe I can? 
Stop it dammit, one person can do a hell of a lot and it’s because people give up and say “well what can I do?” that the world is politically and economically and morally a revolving bowl of shit. 
Fuck them all. 
I’m sick of them telling me that I’m an idealist who will one day see the light. They’re just giving themselves excuses to give up and buy BMWs. And I’m not a flaky idealist. I’m a cynical, realistic, idealistic bitch and they better get used to it (who the fuck are “they” anyway?) 
realistic idealist. Realistic that my ideals can be achieved."


a realistic idealist. 

i love that title. i realistically believe in my ideals. i believe that i can make a change in the world, like gigi did. 



be kind to yourself, 

xoxo

...

No comments:

Post a Comment