Welcome

This is my journey. I want to share this incredible roller coaster ride of hopes, dreams, signs, emotional crashes, and excitement.
this is the space where i work out what is going on in my head. i hope that you can see yourself in my posts and that you will gain something from following my story.

Friday 4 April 2014

feeling deeply


feeling. 

feelings are hard. 

now that i am no longer finding ways to numb myself from feelings, i am experiencing emotions more intensely than i ever have before. even the happy and joyful emotions are intense. 

"you learned to run from what you feel, and that's why you have nightmares. to deny is to invite madness. to accept is to control." - megan chance

you can't have control over your emotions. but you can have control over how you react to the emotions that you have. you can control your behaviour. 



"but feelings can't be ignored, no matter how unjust or ungrateful they seem." - anne frank

i tried to ignore my feelings for many years. i did everything i could NOT to have to feel. but as robert frost wrote:  

"the best way out is always through" - robert frost

working my way through the emotions, instead of trying to avoid them is my biggest challenge. but it's important to remember that, as nosy nora often tells me, they are just feelings and they will change. feelings will pass. 

"feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky." - Thich Nhat Hanh

and it's hard. hard hard hard to feel so deeply and so intensely. 

then there is the sharing of feelings. not only do i have to feel the emotions, but i am learning how to express them to people. 

"never apologize for showing your feelings. when you do, you are apologizing for the truth." - jose n. harris

i am learning to tell people how i feel. but more importantly, i am learning to tell MYSELF how i feel. to name my feelings is a challenge for me. but i am learning all sorts of words. i actually made myself a list of feeling words that i can turn to if i am having trouble identifying my emotions. 




learning to feel, and learning to express how i feel is an ongoing goal. 

be kind to yourself, 

xoxo

...


2 comments:

  1. I feel everything so deeply and cry often. When my feelings are hurt I feel like my heart is literally breaking .... the pain is so intense. Why am I so unloved? What is it about me that makes me so unloveable? Why do I feel like I need someone to love me? How can a mother not love her own child? What did I do wrong? If only I had the answers to these questions.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sorry to hear that you are feeling this way. it sounds simply awful. nothing about you is unloveable. that's not possible. i think you would benefit from talking so someone about these feelings. if you tell me what city you live it, i would happy to help you find affordable therapy options. take good care of yourself,
    april
    xo

    ReplyDelete