Welcome

This is my journey. I want to share this incredible roller coaster ride of hopes, dreams, signs, emotional crashes, and excitement.
this is the space where i work out what is going on in my head. i hope that you can see yourself in my posts and that you will gain something from following my story.

Sunday 11 May 2014

Mother's Day



today i am thinking about all the things my mother did for me. i am also thinking about all the momstitutes who gave me what my mother could not. 

what is a momstitute? 

a person who acts as a maternal figure and who provides love, advice, support, compassion, guidance, understanding, respect, kindness ... someone you can turn to and receive unconditional, non-judgmental, love. 

i am thinking about MD who was there for me through my teen years, offering guidance and support and making me feel special - making me feel like i matter. i still have the stained glass butterfly she gave me hanging in my kitchen. 24 years of being my support, and my friend. and i am grateful. 


i am thinking about the women's community in ptbo who took me under their wings, gave me a home and a community, treated me like i was special, included me in their lives, listened to the things that i had to say, let me try out my ideas and try out my identity. 

i am thinking about DG who was there for me when i was a child. who gave me marbles and told me not to tell the other children because they would be jealous. who listened to me and treated me like i mattered. who laughed at my jokes. who made me feel loved. 



i am thinking about nosy nora and how she makes me feel important and valued, heard and understood, worthy and accepted. 

i am thinking about myself too, and what kind of mothers SC and i are going to be. i am thinking about how we will provide love, advice, support, compassion, guidance, understanding, respect, kindness, and unconditional, non-judgmental, love. how we will never give up on our children now matter how hard it becomes. how we will listen to them and laugh at their jokes, and make sure they know that they matter, that they are valued, understood, heard, worthy, and accepted. 

our children will be loved to bits. we will give them everything we never had as children.

be kind to yourself, and to your momstitutes and mothers, 

xoxo

...

No comments:

Post a Comment