Welcome

This is my journey. I want to share this incredible roller coaster ride of hopes, dreams, signs, emotional crashes, and excitement.
this is the space where i work out what is going on in my head. i hope that you can see yourself in my posts and that you will gain something from following my story.

Thursday 17 April 2014

sometimes life sucks

life gives you lemons and you're supposed to make lemonade, which is really just adding sugar to cover the sour taste which doesn't actually make you feel better. it just hides the sour parts of your life while you try to see through rose-coloured glasses. 



lately i have been seeing the world through what captain stressy pants calls "shit coloured glasses." 



which really sucks. basically i think everything sucks. even things that aren't all that bad. 

so what do i DO to make myself feel better? 

well, i am still trying to figure that out. i have been listening to happy music, blogging, walking on the treadmill, walking the dog, talking to friends, and trying to see the positive through the crap. 

honestly, it just feels like one thing after another piling on top of my shoulders and even pokey sue's needles and electricity and her harder than hard massages don't relieve the stress from my shoulders. i carry a lot. pokey sue says i spend my time worrying and stressing about other people - that i even worry about her lemon tree. she asked me why, and i didn't have an answer. why DO i worry and stress about everyone else and all their stuff? why do i take on other people's burdens? 

back to the question of how to clean off my glasses and feel happier when life throws lemons at me (lemons that haven't grown on pokey sue's lemon tree because it still hasn't grown any fruit)?

well ... i turn that question over to you ... what do YOU do to make yourself feel better?

be kind to yourself, 

No comments:

Post a Comment