Welcome

This is my journey. I want to share this incredible roller coaster ride of hopes, dreams, signs, emotional crashes, and excitement.
this is the space where i work out what is going on in my head. i hope that you can see yourself in my posts and that you will gain something from following my story.

Wednesday 2 April 2014

(dis)comfort


comfort: the familiar, what i know, routine, driving the same route every day, my couch, a blanket, anne of green gables ...

discomfort: change, telling people how i feel, taking care of myself, putting my needs first ...

comfort zone: a space of being in which risks are not taken, and anxiety is low ... 


i have been stepping out of my comfort zone over the last year; allowing myself to FEEL, to connect, to find a sense of belonging, and to BE. i thought that i was content to be numb and guarded, keeping my stories and my truths to mySelf. but as AG likes to say, "and how is that working for you?" i wasn't happy. i wasn't healthy. and i was stuck. 

stepping out of my comfort zone means finding comfort in other ways - in safer, healthier ways. it means allowing the discomfort of trying something new. 

there is a (dis)comfort involved in the newness of owning my stories, of speaking my truth, of opening up, of telling people how i feel, or writing this candid blog ...  there is the freeing feeling of owning my story and telling it. there is the terrifying feeling of not knowing how my story will be received. 


i was stuck as a caterpillar before. munching away on the same leaves, day in and day out, afraid to spin my chrysalis. afraid of the (dis)comfort of both sameness and of change. 

now ... i can feel my wings growing ... little itty bitty wings, making their way out of me with each change that i make in my life. growing stronger with each story and truth that i own and tell. 

try a bit of discomfort, and be kind to yourself, 

xoxo

...

No comments:

Post a Comment