Welcome

This is my journey. I want to share this incredible roller coaster ride of hopes, dreams, signs, emotional crashes, and excitement.
this is the space where i work out what is going on in my head. i hope that you can see yourself in my posts and that you will gain something from following my story.

Thursday 3 April 2014

as you are



i spend so much time waiting. waiting to be thin, waiting to be rich, waiting for new years eve to make a resolution, waiting to find the right thing in the right colour at the right time. 

but what if the right time is now? there never really IS a right time. you will always want to wait for one more aspect to be perfect. and things just aren't. 

life is short. i am no stranger to death, and to young death. waiting is pointless. there isn't time to wait. what you need is right in front of you now. but we are too busy dreaming about something else, looking for something else, and not seeing what we have in front of us right now. 

what if, as you are right now, is how you are meant to be? what if you are enough? what if what you have right now is enough. is more than enough. 

practicing gratitude makes us appreciate what we have, and helps us to not be looking for something else. 

i am grateful for many things. including my partner SC, this blog, my readers, my friends, my family, nosy nora, my laptop, my job, my support system,  ... i am also grateful for chai lattes, chocolate cream cheese, sunshine, cousins, baby's giggles, poetry, clean water ...

what i need in life is here and now. what i am looking for is here and now. 

as Rafi wrote:

All I really need is a song in my heartFood in my belly and love in my familyAll I really need is a song in my heartAnd love in my family
And I need the rain to fallAnd I need the sun to shineTo give life to the seeds we sowTo give the food we need to grow, grow
All I really need is a song in my heartFood in my belly and love in my familyAll I really need is a song in my heartAnd love in my family
And I need some clean water for drinkingAnd I need some clean air for breathingSo that I can grow up strongAnd take my place where I belong-i-really-need-lyrics.html ]All I really need is a song in my heartFood in my belly and love in my familyAll I really need is a song in my heartAnd love in my family

be kind to yourself, as you are now, 

xoxo

...

No comments:

Post a Comment