Welcome

This is my journey. I want to share this incredible roller coaster ride of hopes, dreams, signs, emotional crashes, and excitement.
this is the space where i work out what is going on in my head. i hope that you can see yourself in my posts and that you will gain something from following my story.

Sunday 16 March 2014

scipturient: having a consuming passion to write

"a word after a word after a word is power" - margaret atwood

i am consumed by my passion to write. i am scripturient. 

"there is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you." - maya angelou

i cannot go a day without writing. my dream job would be to be a writer. but then i would miss teaching. so i settle for blogging as a way to feed my passion while still keeping my day job. 



SC wants to be a writer. she is a talented writer. she says reading my blog makes her not want to write herself. but i can't wait to read what she writes. 

sometimes i think that i write too much. sometimes i think that readers must be bored with getting so much of me, and so much of my words. 

"if my doctor told me i had only six minutes to live, i wouldn't brood. i'd type a little faster" - isaac asimov

sometimes i am compelled to write. nothing else will settle me. i need to write. an email, a blog post, an online chat with a friend - there are times when my fingers need to be flying across the keys. 



this is one of those times. 


i have a consuming desire to make words appear in order on the screen. 


"everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise." - silvia plath


there is nothing more satisfying that words on a page. i breathe life into words, into breath, and i live. 

find your consuming passion, 
and be kind to yourself ...

xoxo

...




No comments:

Post a Comment