Welcome

This is my journey. I want to share this incredible roller coaster ride of hopes, dreams, signs, emotional crashes, and excitement.
this is the space where i work out what is going on in my head. i hope that you can see yourself in my posts and that you will gain something from following my story.

Monday 17 March 2014

fresh starts


my very favourite quote from anne of green gables is "tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it." there is something comforting about the idea that you can always make a fresh start. 

nothing represents a fresh start for me more than green gables. it was a new beginning for anne. a place where dreams could come true. where mistakes could me made and second chances were given. where the love healed all wounds. 


i am thinking about fresh starts today. new beginnings. which reminds me of yesterday's post about spring and renewal. flowers coming back after a dormancy through the harsh winter. 




i am thinking about how i have taken time for myself, and today i am going back to work. 

what is a fresh start? what does it mean to start fresh? it's a clean slate. an opportunity to begin again without prejudice. tabula rasa. 

today will feel like the first day. because i am different. because i have been away. because the kids have been away. 

merriam webster defines fresh as newly made, not spoiled, clean and pure. my start today is not spoiled. it is clean, and pure, and ready for me to live to the fullest. 

i think that courage is showing up. sometimes showing up after hardship. sometimes showing up after humiliation. and sometimes, just showing up. 

a fresh start is courageous because it is showing up. 




be kind to yourself, 

xoxo

...

No comments:

Post a Comment