Welcome

This is my journey. I want to share this incredible roller coaster ride of hopes, dreams, signs, emotional crashes, and excitement.
this is the space where i work out what is going on in my head. i hope that you can see yourself in my posts and that you will gain something from following my story.

Monday 17 February 2014

Cultivating Happiness

Happiness needs to be sought, cultivated, and appreciated. 

I have recently started a gratitude journal. Every day I list the things that I am grateful for. It's a nice way to focus on the positive things in my life. 

Today I am grateful for SC suggesting a last minute getaway and for S&J for making us feel welcome and at home, as always ...

We arrived at our secret hideaway and were greeted outside by the resident dog. Boundless energy and affection. she looks like Sprocket from Fraggle Rock. 



Then we were shown to our room by our ever gracious hosts where champagne and chocolates awaited us. 

We then watched a herd of deer crossing the river. 



Do deer travel in herds? anyway ...

Dinner was stuffed chicken, potatoes, yams, and broccoli. Soooo good. We sat around and chatted for hours. Then a good night sleep. 

We awoke to a gorgeous sunny day. 



And had breakfast which included my special request: avacaos in maple syrup. Mmmmmm .... happiness can be cultivated when you stop to enjoy the multiple flavours of a good meal. each bite, savoured and paid attention to. 





Now we are trying to get up the energy to go out. The plan is to go watch ice racing which is a bunch of crazy people having car races on ice. 

*****

Yep ... ice racing was as crazy as I imagined. Slipping. Sliding. Crashing. Spraying the spectators with snow.  





The rest of the day was spent adventuring; this means driving with no destination and finding ourselves on roads the GPS can't find. Then discovering beauty ... you can cultivate happiness by being still when surrounded by nature and taking in how beautiful each season truly is. 









*****
Sunday we went to visit family. Got hugs and kisses. Played a long card game. And then drove back to the hideaway for dinner - ribs and fettuccine alfredo. 

I may or may not have had 3 glasses of wine and a glass of champagne. 



We have packed up for the morning. We leave after breakfast. I don't really want to go home! It's so nice here. 

I also keep running into images of butterflies, which I will blog about later:




find your happiness by nurturer it. enjoy the happiness that finds it's way into your life. happiness can be as simple as finding a good book on sale. and you can cultivate that joy by purchasing the book and making time in your busy day to stop, be still, and read it. 

xoxo

...



No comments:

Post a Comment