Welcome

This is my journey. I want to share this incredible roller coaster ride of hopes, dreams, signs, emotional crashes, and excitement.
this is the space where i work out what is going on in my head. i hope that you can see yourself in my posts and that you will gain something from following my story.

Wednesday 26 February 2014

gathering my chicks revisited

in january, i wrote about how radical t called me a mother hen gathering her chicks and i said that i would write about it again when i had more time to digest the analogy. 

to read the original, click here.

i am gathering to me now, people who are understanding and compassionate. i am gathering people who believe me, and who believe in me. 

theheritagefarm.me


what surprises me most is how many chicks there really are in my world. the more people i speak my truth to, the more people i find who are supportive, and compassionate, and kind. the kindness scares me sometimes, because i am not used to it. 



we use chickens in our communication:

“Now, brooder is an interesting word. People who worry a lot in silence are known as brooders. But then again so is a hen sitting on her eggs. The more I get to know chickens, the more I realize half our language comes from chickens. Well, not half. But an awful lot considering this isn't Latin or anything. Cooped up. Egghead. Hatch a plan. Henpecked. Pecker. Cock. Chickenshit. Chicken-scratch. A lot of chicken words are meant to deliver attitude, which isn't surprising to me now that I have chickens. Chickens aren't background animals like fish or sheep or horses. Chickens are in-your-face animals. Chickens if you have them, come to bracket your days. The rooster hollers all morning, and then in the evening the hens have left you their mysterious gift of eggs. 
Silkies are said to be excellent brooders, to have a tendency toward "broodiness." This, too, is usually meant as a compliment.” ― Jeanne Marie LaskasGrowing Girls: The Mother of All Adventures

i am a brooder. i have sat and worried in silence for years. but now i think that i am a hen on her eggs, brooding to create something new. no longer cooped up, i am telling my story to more and more people. trusting. gathering my chicks and creating my own brood of supportive people.

my little chickens, i gather you close and you do more for me than you know. 


be kind to yourself, 

xoxo

...

No comments:

Post a Comment