Welcome

This is my journey. I want to share this incredible roller coaster ride of hopes, dreams, signs, emotional crashes, and excitement.
this is the space where i work out what is going on in my head. i hope that you can see yourself in my posts and that you will gain something from following my story.

Tuesday 14 January 2014

Word Vomit




Today is a fresh start with no mistakes in it. (sort of quoting anne shirley, my hero) or as Nosy Nora once said, mis takes ... today is a new day with no mis takes in it. 

today is the first day of waking up and not passing the bookshelf filled with diet and weight loss books on my way to the shower. 

i can't lie ... i slept through my alarm today. i was supposed to go to the gym. i didn't sleep well, which made it difficult to get up. and i woke up with a stabbing pain in my shoulder blade. the pain sucks. the pain is familiar. the pain wont stop. 

i know perfectly well that if i make my way to the bathroom that i can make the pain STOP by making myself throw up. and i also know that i DO NOT want to do that anymore. that is a cycle that i want to break. 

Nosy Nora had suggested that perhaps word vomit is better than actual vomit. so this is my attempt at word vomit

word vomit is much more challenging that real vomit. in case you didn't know. 

not dieting is scary. not dieting is unfamiliar territory. not weighing myself and judging myself for every morsel of food that i put into my mouth is ... nerve-wracking because it is so foreign to me. 

i am scared to unleash myself on the world because there isn't enough food in the world to fill the empty sad dark spaces inside of me. and i am worried that if i leave the safety of my couch, i will begin to devour everything that i see. 

i also had to admit something embarrassing to a colleague this morning. math has never been my strong point. mostly because i copied my friend's answers for 3 years and never had to write a test. 

i have been "helping" my colleague's students study for their math test. here i was, being so very helpful and supportive and kind ... and teaching the concept entirely wrong. so this morning i had to tell my colleague that there was a reason why every single answer was wrong. and it wasn't the fault of the kids. although they could have spoken up and told me that my formula was incorrect. but students are taught to trust teachers. 

in any case, i messaged LC today and told her what had happened. it was so shameful. and she was so ridiculously understanding and supportive. the kids get to rewrite the test, using the correct formula. and now i know the formula (thanks KM for clearing that up for me). thank you LC, for being a kind and supportive friend. i value our friendship.

i think that's what this stabbing pain is about. i think it is fear and embarrassment. i have been afraid for a very long time. afraid of getting lost. afraid of the bad guys. afraid of not being good enough. afraid of being judged. afraid of everything ...

only for the first time in my life, it isn't fear of the world, it is fear of myself ... because as Nosy Nora once said, i have more power that i think ...

xoxo

... 



No comments:

Post a Comment