Welcome

This is my journey. I want to share this incredible roller coaster ride of hopes, dreams, signs, emotional crashes, and excitement.
this is the space where i work out what is going on in my head. i hope that you can see yourself in my posts and that you will gain something from following my story.

Friday 19 September 2014

anniversary

yesterday was my ten year wedding anniversary. we went out to dinner and then went to see the musical wicked. 

ten years. amazing. the time has gone by so quickly and at the same time it seems like forever - like there was no time that we weren't together. 

“A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” 
― Elbert Hubbard

BB is my best friend. she knows all my faults and loves me in spite of them. 

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” 
― Lao Tzu

being together for the last 13 years has been a wild ride. we have had our ups and downs, our good times and bad times. we have lived the for better and for worse. and yet we have always had each other to turn to, to lean on, and to snuggle ... snuggles are important!

“Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” 
― Robert A. Heinlein

BB's happiness is essential to my happiness. i live to bring her joy. and i feel like she does the same. 

here is the necklace that she gave me. 




if you have been following my blog, you know what foxes mean to me. if you haven't, check out this post: 

http://aprilgigiangels.blogspot.ca/2014/04/foxes.html

“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind,
And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” 
― William Shakespeare

BB and i often sit in comfortable silence. we can enjoy each other's company and talk when we need to. and i often know what she is thinking when she gives me that loving smile. or that smile that says, let's go get movie popcorn. 

“We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love—true love.” 
― Robert Fulghum

what i love most about my marriage is our separateness. we each live our lives with our separate friends and our separate interests. we don't expect the other to join us for things that we don't want to do. she can go out dancing, and i can go to drumming lessons. 

“If I had a flower for every time I thought of you...I could walk through my garden forever.” 
― Alfred Tennyson

BB and i met at choir and we still sing together. despite our separateness, we also have common interests and spend a great deal of time together. 


“Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet.” 
― Plato

i love BB. i love her with all my heart. i hope that you have someone to love and someone to love you back. 

be kind to yourself, 

xoxo

...

No comments:

Post a Comment