Welcome

This is my journey. I want to share this incredible roller coaster ride of hopes, dreams, signs, emotional crashes, and excitement.
this is the space where i work out what is going on in my head. i hope that you can see yourself in my posts and that you will gain something from following my story.

Sunday 30 November 2014

friendship

i have no reached over 20,000 page views on my website. it's hard for me to believe that many people have viewed my site. 

i have so much that i want to write about and share with the world. and it's so exciting to see that people from all over the world have visited my site. 

today i want to talk about friendships and how they ebb and flow. 

No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.Alice Walker

friends are the most important thing in life. friends are there for you and don't crush your dreams. friends are there to support you as you change and grow. over time sometimes friendships fade and people move in and out of each other's lives. it's a sad fact of life. 


True friendship is like a rose: we don’t realize its beauty until it fades.Evelyn Loeb

sometimes we don't know what we had until it is gone. there are times when you just grow apart from your friendship. and other times when something comes between you. 

Oh, sometimes I think it is of no use to make friends. They only go out of your life after awhile and leave a hurt that is worse than the emptiness before they came.L.M. Montgomery

losing a friend is hard and sad and heartbreaking. it leaves you broken in a way that can't be healed. there are holes in my heart from friends who have drifted away. sometimes people change and grow apart from each other. it happens. and it's sad. 

A simple friend thinks the friendship is over when you have an argument. A real friend knows that it’s not a friendship until after you’ve had a fight.Unkown

fighting with a friend is the worst. because you can't kiss and make up. but disagreeing is part of life. and finding ways to fight in a healthy way is part of relationships. 


Cutting people out of your life is easy, keeping them in is hard.Walter Dean Myers

i have lost more friends than i can count. 

for some reason, people decide not to like me anymore. one day they are my friend and then suddenly they aren't. it has happened time and time again. it started in high school. there was a group of us who were best friends. we did everything together. and then one of them decided that she didn't like me. and she convinced the rest of the group not to like me anymore. so they all stopped talking to me and didn't include me in anything anymore. 

it broke my heart. 

and it happened more than once in high school and in university. 

it even happened to me as an adult. one day R was one of my closest friends. for a few years. and then i turned my back on her once in a meeting to speak to someone else. and that was it. poof. end of friendship. she hasn't spoken to me since then. 8 years later i don't miss her friendship at all. 

other friendships i miss. G was my best friend in university. we shared everything. and when we moved away, we remained good friends. we talked all the time and visited each other. i flew to ottawa from halifax to see her. and then over time we drifted away from each other. and it hurts. 

friends come and go in our lives. 

and then there are the friends who will always be there no matter how much time passes between when you see them. there are people who i rarely see but still consider to be my closest friends. 

treasure your friends. hold them close. treat your friends the way that you want them to treat you. be kind to them. 

be kind to yourself, 

xoxo

...






No comments:

Post a Comment